Top 10 or so Ways to Irritate an Atheist
---adapted from a related post on infidels.org
Number 0: Make rational arguments to support faith.
- Ask them why they are bitter against God.
- Tell them that they might as well go out and kill people if there's no
- Ask them to pray with you.
- Invite their children to go to church with you.
- Insist that there is a God and show them in the Bible where it says so.
- Tell them that the Universe is too complex to "Just Exist" and
must have been created by a God who "Just Exists"
- End a discussion with "Well, you're smarter than me, but I know I'm
- Tell them that you feel they're persecuting you.
- Use the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics to disprove evolution.
- After losing a rational argument, say "I pity you".
- Drink the last beer in the fridge.
- Insist the Bible must be followed word-for-word, but that questionable
verse is just a metaphor.
- Say Pat Robertson isn't a real Christian.
- Defend religious atrocities by saying God works in mysterious ways.
- Say that since they still argue, they must still have hope.
- Declare a miracle because one little girl out of 300 passengers survived a
- "Who are you to question God?"
- "Prove there's no God."
- Say how you heard about a famous atheist who converted on his deathbed.
- Burn them at the stake.
- Claim there are no atheists in foxholes.
- "We all have faith, whether it's in science or religion."
- Point out that your Bible quotes are well-researched and their Bible
quotes are 'out of context.'
- John 3:16
- Claim Jesus brought a new law, and God is unchanging.
- Claim that the Bible is the literal word of God, and that this is shown if one studies the
- Explain that God can't reveal himself because if he did, we wouldn't
- "Satan's greatest ploy is making people believe he doesn't exist,
you're playing right into his hands"
- Complain about fanatics of other religions.